Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Friday, March 8, 2013

A weekend of quiet....and dreams







So last weekend, some dear friends loaned me the use of their RV for a much-needed weekend getaway.  My goal was to spend some quiet time with the Lord, in His word, in prayer, in reflection.  It seems like like is a constant whirlwind of activity, and I just needed some time to slow down and reconnect with my God and my purpose in life.

My weekend actually went much differently than I had planned...but that was just fine.  I took along this book: 

God-Sized Dreams by Holley Gerth (cover)

I read the first chapter, and then journalled my answers to the questions Holley asked at the end.  Took a little break...and went back to the second chapter.  The weekend continued in this way...read a chapter, answered questions...little break...until I finished the entire book in the weekend. 

I love the way Holley writes...just like she is sitting across the table from you with the cup of something hot she offers at the beginning of the book.  Her book challenges you to listen to God's voice...to what He is calling you to do.  Your God-Sized dream may be to stay home with your children and give them a strong foundation, or it may be to travel the world speaking to those who need to hear His Word...big or small they are all God-given dreams and important to your life purpose. 

I left my weekend getaway knowing that I am doing what God wants me to do...that this path of writing, and Christian Life Coaching is the path He wants me to follow.  I have no idea where it will ultimately lead...but I feel confident that the pushes I feel are from Him and that He will direct my steps forward.  There are parts of this future ahead of me that scare me silly...but as Holley points out, that fear can be useful. 

I'm excited to see just how far this God-sized Dream takes me!  And even if its not very far...that's ok, because I know it will accomplish whatever purpose He has in mind!  What are your dreams?  Where do you think God is taking you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!