Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Faith, Joy, Love...values...

What are your values?  My top three are faith, joy, and love.  I also highly value integrity, excellence and creativity. 

See, here's what's been on my mind a lot lately (and I have no idea if this is going to make any sense because it's been swirling around in my head in a crazy whirlpool kind of way)...we all have core values.  Those things we feel are important to the way we live our lives.  But I wonder...do we actually live our lives by them?  Or judge others by how they live according to OUR own values?  Everyone is different. God made us that way on purpose.  So that we all have different gifts, values, the things we offer the world.  He did that so that we can all work together...as if in one body.

Romans 12:3-5

3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.


So....I think what is bothering me this week, is we each have our own values to live by...yet, we often forget to let those guide our behavior.  AND at the same time, we use OUR values to judge others...when that truly isn't fair for them.  God blesses us differently, built us differently on purpose.  

We need to think long and hard on our own values and gifts and see if they ARE truly guiding the way we live for God.  I value faith, joy and love...so, you should see those values shining out in my life.  You may value peace, truth, and integrity...so the people around you should see those in the way you treat others.  The way we behave...the way we speak...the way we serve our Lord... 

If what we do isn't guided by our values we find we are in stress or conflict.  We struggle with doing the right thing.  We have a hard time making decisions.  We forget to seek the Lord's wisdom.  What would life look like if we lived according to the values God instilled in us? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!