Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Monday, March 11, 2013

Joy and gratitude

I have to admit, my attitude lately has been rather stinky...not so joyful, not so positive, but really rather stinky.

The sun's been shining.

My kids are all healthy and doing well in school.

My bills are paid.

I have a comfortable, warm place to live.

People who love and support me.

ah...and there it is...I've been forgetting to be grateful.

I've been forgetting to look at the positive and instead dwelling too much on the negative....the $5 change the kid at the concert forgot to give back to me and I forgot to get...the cost of this, that and the other that threatens to suck my bank account dry...the lack of sleep that makes me drag...

So let's take a look at some positives and get back to being "thankful always"...

219.  for the shining sun and the warming up days
220.  for the signs of spring - bulbs almost ready to bloom, geese flying back to the area, birds singing in the trees in the early morning
221.  my kids are all healthy
222.  ...and doing well in school
223.  tuition is due for the next quarter at the community college...and I don't know how it will be paid but I do know that this is a good opportunity for faith and trust...
224.  my other bills, however, are paid and up to date!
225.  I do have a comfortable, warm, affordable place to live my days and rest my nights
226.  I have a job that I love going to each day...
227.  ...with people I enjoy spending my work days with...
228.  ...doing ministry
229.  I have family, a boyfriend, and many friends who love and support me.
230.  my training to be a Christian Life Coach is going well and I'm excited about this new opportunity!
231.  I got to see an excellent concert at my oldest son's university last night
232.  ...and inadvertently gave an extra donation to their music program.  :)


Oh hey!  That's better!  There's a loosening in the chest, a lightening of the spirit, a little lift to the corners of the mouth...thank you, dear Father, for all the many blessings.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!