Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Five Minute Friday - Brave (on Saturday)

Around here we write for five minutes flat on Fridays.
We finger paint with words. We try to remember what it was like to just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.
Where your words are welcome, just as they are! (<–-Tweet this!)

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Meet & encourage someone who linked up before you.
OK, are you ready? Give us your best five minutes on:
::

Brave…


Brave...courageous. I don't use those words for myself very often. Nope...more like knee-knocking, hand-shaking chicken! My heart pounds, I sweat...just a mess. Not brave. Not courageous. Nope. Not me.

But today, I had an opportunity to practice. When I got up this morning...I fortified myself with a cup of coffee from my mug that has my favorite verse on it....Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Him who gives me strength. Yes, Him....strenth. That's the key, you know. He gives me strength. He gives me courage. He makes me brave.

And so when the time came for me to be like David facing his Goliath....I prayed, I breathed, I straightened up my spine, and I prayed a little more. And yes...I was brave! And the situation turned out ok. God walked by my side, held my hand and gave me a gentle shove in the middle of the back when I needed it.

And afterwards, I felt His tender kiss on my forehead as He told me He was proud of me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm visiting from 5 Minute Friday. Just wanted to encourage you with your post. I like how you brought out that it's Him who makes you brave and He walks with you. I love that afterward you felt His approval. That's what makes being brave so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui, for your visit and your kind, encouraging words! :)

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!