Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Monday, January 2, 2012

How will I shine?

As the second day of January 2012 draws to a close...I find myself wondering...how will I shine in 2012?  How will I make this year different?  What will God ask of me?  Will I be willing to take the risks?  To stand for Him?  Will I do better at using self-control?  At being patient?  At encouraging others? Will I look to Him when I need to make decisions?  Will I spend more time with Him?

I look back at this post from October 13, 2011...and I think...maybe here is a place to start...a beginning. Using words to build others up.  Not using words that will tear them down.  Learning when to speak, when to be silent.  Thinking before allowing my mouth to say things that perhaps it shouldn't.

Ephesians  4:29
29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

I don't set out to hurt others with my words.  But sometimes, it just happens before I even realize I've opened my mouth.  And then, there's that look on the other persons face.  The one that says I went too far, I hurt them, I have torn down.  My children get this look...why do we hurt the one's we love?

In the heat of the moment...anger, hurt, frustration, we say things we shouldn't.  I say things I shouldn't.  God tells us to guard our tongue.  To watch what we say.  Words can hurt.  But they can also build up.  They can encourage.  They can bring light to darkness.

So, beginning today...I will be more deliberate in what I say.  In the words I use.  In controlling myself and my tongue.

Psalm 141:3
Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips. 
Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!