Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Today's Challenge

Ephesians Chapter 4:
29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Let's let this verse be our challenge today.  How hard...or easy....will it be for you?  I know I need to put some filters on my mouth.  Do I say things that build others up...or tear them down?  Do I exaggerate just a little to make someone else look bad and myself good?  Do I make comments that are more hurtful than helpful?  Yep, more often than I care to admit.  Time to stop, think, and say to myself "Will these words I am about to say build up or tear down?  Will they benefit or hurt?"  Whether I am talking to someone, or about someone....I will keep this verse in mind.  Will you do the same?


Blessings on your day, and may the words that come from your mouth be beneficial to those who listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!