Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012...Beginnings

It's the beginning of a new year.  For some, the beginning of new resolutions, goals, habits.  For some, the beginning of a new paragraph, page, chapter in life.  For some, a day to start with a clean slate..a new beginning.

I went to church this morning and enjoyed gathering with my Christian family to worship, listen, learn, pray, and share in the eucharist meal.  The message this morning was about how giving God glory, worshiping Him, leads to peace and joy.  It was a beautiful message and one I needed to hear.  And as we prayed for forgiveness this morning, one verse kept coming into my mind.

This verse:

Psalm 51:10
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 


So on this day of new beginnings, I pray to my Father, my God, the Creator of all that is...to give me a new beginning, a new slate, a clean heart.  I can hold tight to His promise of forgiveness of my sins..knowing that He will not hold them against me, but will remember them no more:


Jeremiah 31:33-35
33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the LORD.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.

34 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the LORD,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the LORD.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.” 


I pray that He will renew a steadfast spirit within me...that I will hold fast to all His promises and trust His truth.  A steadfast spirit that will glorify Him in all I do, turn to Him for all I need, praise and thank Him daily for all my blessings.  A steadfast spirit that will shine the light of His love to all those around me...to His glory...that I may find to joy in Him, and peace.  I wish these things for you, as well.

So here's to new beginnings.  To a cleansed heart, a steadfast spirit.  Here's to an awesome year of living for Him in the abundance of His grace.

Shine in 2012!

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 51:10
    10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
    and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 

    Amen.

    Sometimes these come with the most agonizing decisions and yet the most freeing ones?

    Thanks for the inspirational read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!