Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Friday, January 20, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Vivid

Vivid.  I looked up the word...when something produces a strong, clear, fresh impression on the senses.  Vivid.

When you have those vivid "God moments"...like sometimes when I walk by the river.  The sun sparkles off the water just so.  The smell of the fresh air is so clean and crisp.  The birds call to each other...the squirrels play in the trees.  I am walking in sync with God's nature, His creation.  Soaking in the sights, smells, sounds...awake and aware of His presence next to me.  Vivid, yes.  I can feel Him, I can see His work around me...my heart pounds a little harder, my eyes see a little clearer, my ears hear a little better.  He is amazing!  Worthy of honor and my praise.  And so I praise Him...singing favorite songs, praying, whispering snippets of scripture, feeling His power coursing through the morning...yes, vivid.

It's harder to find that place of worship when things are going rough...but that's when I need only close my eyes and imagine being at the riverside, watching the sun rise over the water, and remembering the awesome power that brought that sunrise into action....feeling His breath on the breeze....His amazing creativeness in all He has made...colorful...vivid...God.







On Fridays around these parts we stop, drop, and write.
For fun, for love of the sound of words, for play, for delight, for joy and celebration at the art of communication.
For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.
Won’t you join us?
    1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
    2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
    3. Most important: comment and encourage the person who linked up before you.

Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!