Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Friday, February 3, 2012

Five Minute Friday...Real

 Around here we write for five minutes flat on Fridays.
We write because we want to, not because we have to. We write for fun, for joy, for discovery.
We just write without worrying if it’s just write or not.
Won’t you join us?
    1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
    2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
    3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:
::

Real…

 (Gypsy Mama)




Today I got a letter in the mail from a little boy in India for whom I am a correspondence sponsor.  I don't financially sponsor him...I write letters to him, someone else sponsors him.  But I get letters written on his behalf...never from him, but about him.

Today's letter was a little different.  Still written in his behalf...but it included a photo and a hand drawn and colored Christmas card that he made for me.  Precious...and real. 

You see, Vishal lives in an area where the monthly income is around $20 a month.  He was given a financial Christmas gift and was able to purchase food for his family with it.  In the photo is my sweet heart-son, Vishal, so thin and sad...and his beautiful, and also quite thin, mother.  Between them is a pile of food,,,,that must amount to a fortune to them.  Much less than what I bring home from the grocery store for a week for myself and three kids.  Definitely much less variety.  Rather meager.  Real.

So many of us think we have "so little"....and yet, in reality...we are so abundantly blessed. 

Instead of extravagant gifts...Vishal's family bought sustenance...to fill their need.  To fill their stomachs.  He's so thin, my little heart-son.  "He and his family are so thankful to you for your kind support and love."  Real.  To whoever pays the financial support for Vishal...thank you so much.  I pray that the food they bought will strengthen their bodies, and allow him to grow and thrive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!