Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Peppermint Mocha Musings

I stopped for a coffee this morning on my way to work.  I love walking into the coffee shop...seeing the faces of those sitting and enjoying their cuppa - some serious, some laughing, some quiet, some curious; the smell of coffee floating on the air.  I waited for my drink and listened to the sounds - the coffee machine, the quiet chatter, the girl at the cash register chatting with a regular customer, the quiet music in the background.  I received my cup, hot and full of flavorful coffee...the smell of peppermint drifting up...that first sip, ahhh.  Lovely way to start the day...

On the way to work from the coffee shop, I passed a church with this Bible verse on it's sign:  

"Behold I am making all things new."  Revelation 21:5

Lovely words for this new day as we look toward the new year that will soon be upon us.  As we put to rest 2011, and wake up to 2012, let's let God make us new.  Cleanse our hearts, clear our minds, open our ears and our eyes.  Let's allow Him to take hold of our lives and show us His way...His dreams for us...His hopes...the life of abundance He will provide.  Let's trust Him.  Only and wholly Him.  Let's open our hands, palms up, to receive what He has to offer to us.  Let's give Him control of our thoughts, our words, our actions.  Let's see what He has in store.  Let's live our lives for Him...shining His light, His love, His truth for all to see.  Let's be NEW in Him and SHINE for Him! 

1 comment:

  1. I love you!!!!! I mean I love the musings!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!