Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Saturday, October 5, 2013

31 Days - Lean into Him

I think one of the biggest things I will take away from this weekend at Women of Faith is "lean into Him."  We heard talks about how much God loves us, how we are more than we know and that we need to "shake our tree" once in a while and take a risk...and see what God, who is more than we can imagine, will do with it.  We heard stories of strength, and stories of pain, and stories of victory in Jesus.  We heard that just because we feel offended or insecure or inadequate, doesn't mean that we ARE any of those things. 

But one thing that I heard over and over was this one phrase...lean into Him.  Just take a moment when you are done reading this to close your eyes and imagine Jesus sitting next to you, gesturing to you to lean into Him.  Imagine doing just that as He wraps His strong and mighty arms around you...gently folding you into a hug as He tells you to just let go.  Let go of the fear.  Let go of the frustration.  Let go of the anxiety.  Let go of the dreams that seem lost.  Let go of the anger.  Let Him take it all.  And then hear His voice saying to you, "You are My beloved daughter.  You are loved.  You are beautiful.  You are mine." 

Do you feel that?  The freedom?  The joy of knowing that your Savior knows you and all your mistakes and all your troubles and all your worries....the joy of knowing that He has overcome the world and will help you to also be victorious?  Just let it sink in for a moment and then let your heart soar on the wings of joy...

Lean in to Him.  When you're tired.  When you're done with all THIS.  When you can't take another step forward because you've tried and tried and tried.  Lean in to Him.  Let His joy be your strength.  Let His strength be your joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!