Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

31 Days - Joy in Creating

I think God gave us the ability to be creative, the gift of creativity, because He knew how much enjoyment we would get from it.  Don't you?  I like to stamp and create my own greeting cards.  I like to make jewelry with beads.  I like to crochet with different colors of yarns and different types of stitches and watch an afgan grow out of nothing but a long string of yarn.  I like to put colors together in combinations that are pleasing to the eye.  I feel joy when I create something that turns out particularly well.  It's exciting!

Sometimes I like to imagine what God must have been thinking or feeling when He created everything...out of nothing!  What a thrill it must have been to see the first tree grow and bud and blossom with new leaves and flowers...then to paint the leaves with different colors and watch them flutter to the ground...preparing the tree to rest before doing it all over again.  I marvel at the colors He blends together in a spectacular sunset or sunrise.  And what about the scents of all the different flowers?  Or the plumage on the birds that fly and strut and dance?  The brilliance of  the stars against the black sky...

And what about as He created man?  As He wove all of our parts together and all of our bodily systems.  What must He have thought when Eve first opened her eyes?  Or when Adam first ran through the garden with the abandon of a child at play?  Did you know that YOU are a masterpiece?  That I am, too?  God created us to be individuals - intricately different and yet wonderfully similar.  He created us to have different gifts and abilities.  He created us to be all different sizes, shapes, colors, and temperaments. 

Doesn't that just make you want to laugh out loud with joy?  Doesn't it make you sit back and just wonder in awe at how great is our God?!


Ephesians 2:10
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Psalm 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 

Praise Him with joy and thanksgiving - for He has created you and given you gifts that you, in your own way, may also be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!