Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Thursday, October 17, 2013

31 Days - The Search for Joy

Have you ever noticed that we search for joy in all kinds of places?  Other people, a new house, a new car, a fabulous vacation get-away, the next latest and greatest whatever....

But we don't find it in those things, do we?  Perhaps a momentary happiness.  But not long lasting, overflowing, peace-giving joy.

And where can we find that joy?


Psalm 21:5-7
5 Through the victories you gave, his glory is great;
you have bestowed on him splendor and majesty.
6 Surely you have granted him unending blessings
and made him glad with the joy of your presence.
7 For the king trusts in the Lord;
through the unfailing love of the Most High
he will not be shaken.


 
Psalm 5:11
11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
let them ever sing for joy.

Spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may rejoice in you.


Psalm 16:11
You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

 Let the search be over...take refuge in Him...spend time with the Father...there is joy in His presence.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!