Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Taste and see...


Psalm 34:8
8 Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!



Today I ate a fresh, ripe peach.  It was perfectly firm and sweet...bursting on my tongue with juicy flavor.  If I closed my eyes I could taste God's creativity in each bite.  The coolness of the fruit, the juice that tasted oh so good...the sweetness of God's provision and love in one piece of fruit.  

Today I tasted the sweetness of spending time with my daughter, the youngest of my brood of three, who is both loveliness and goofiness all wrapped up into one beautiful 14-year old girl.  She is a blessing given to me by a God who created each of us, who knew us before we were born to this earth.  Her smile, her laughter, the way she says "goodnight momma" when she goes to bed. 

In my life, I have tasted the sweetness of God's provision, His unending and unconditional love, His comfort when I have been broken, His encouragement when I have been sad, His joy when I have needed it most.  He is good.  His love endures forever.  He is unchanging.  He is always there.  

Do you have a space in your life that is empty?  That is reaching out for something, anything?  Do you feel a need for a relationship or growth in your relationship with God?  Take refuge in the Lord.  Let Him have that space and fill it for you.  Taste, and see...the Lord is good.



NaBloPoMo Prompt:  something sweet you ate today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!