Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Choosing joy...a repost

Chin up.  Shoulders back.  Put on the armor of God and feet forward.  I admit it...I've been wallowing in self-pity.  Sadness, depression, fear.  Allowing Satan to speak his words of lies into my heart.  Well, no more.  Satan can take his lies and keep them to himself.  I am grateful for who I am, what I have, and what my Father has in store for me.  It's a new day, full of potential.  I will pray for the one I miss each time I think of them, but I will not allow their choices to break me.  It is a new day to put on confidence in who I am in God, in what I have to offer, and to step forward and Shine for Him. 

I can do all things, through Christ, who gives me strength.  Phil 4:13


I would like to repost something here.... a post I wrote some time ago about choosing joy...


I've been thinking about joy today.  Elusive sometimes, isn't it?  And yet, it's within our reach.  It's within the moments of every day.  It's there for us to choose.  "To choose?" you might ask.  Yes, to choose.  When you wake in the morning, do you say to yourself "Today I am going to have a crummy day?  Today I choose to be grumpy.  Today I choose to look at the wrong side of the fabric and live my life with fear, anxiety and desperation.  Today I will let bitterness and anger rule in my heart."  Of course, you don't.  Who would choose to have a bad day?


On the other hand, however, how often do you get up in the morning and say "Today, I choose joy!  Today I will look at the brighter side of things.  Today I will trust God to direct my footsteps.  Today I will look on Him for all I need.  Today I will say "Yes" to His purposes for me.  Today I will be grateful for the things I have, the gifts I am blessed with, the people who grace my life."


Ok, so the first one is a little extreme.  But what if you wake in the morning and open your eyes, take a deep breath and say "Today, I choose joy."  How would that change your outlook?  Maybe just try it right now.  Breathe in deep, and as you slowly let it out let your heart say these words...."Today, I choose joy."


Today I choose to trust in God.  Today I choose to give all my trials, fears, worries to Him.  Today I choose to live a life of thankfulness.  Today I choose to love those around me with the love of God...not my own weak version of it.  Today I choose to forgive and let go of the things that hurt me.  Today I will let those who matter to me know it.  Today I will give as God would have me give.

Today, I choose joy.

*************
I thank you, God for all you have given me.  For all that has come into my life...even for brief periods.  For those that leave gaping holes and hurts, I turn them over to You and trust that You will use those holes and hurts for good.  Thank you, Father, for forgiving me and for holding me fast in Your righteous and strong right hand.  Help me now to move forward, eyes on the goal...Your goal. 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!