Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Love God, Love Others

Ephesians 5:1-2 says:
Be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.

What does it mean to be an imitator of God?  To walk in love?  To see others not as objects, but as God's creation made with love.  To see others not as a target or a prize to win, but as the owner of a heart that needs care, kindness, gentleness.  To see others not for what they can do for us, but as someone we can serve with the hands of Jesus.

What if we set aside our own agendas and looked for what someone else needs...and provide it?  What if we give a hand, a cold glass of water, a listening ear, a strong arm.  What if we reach out where no one else will?  What if we just give...without expectations of receiving?  What if we sacrifice our own wants to provide for someone else?

What would this world look like if we were imitators of God?  If we loved unconditionally, if we spoke up when necessary, if we forgave more readily.

What if we gave ourselves up, just as Christ did? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!