Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Friday, August 3, 2012

5 Minute Friday: Here

It’s a #FiveMinuteFriday free write flash mob!
Where a beautiful crowd spends five minutes all writing on the same topic and then sharing ‘em over here.
Want to know how Five Minute Friday got started and how to participate? All the details are here.

Now, set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right.

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

OK, are you ready? Please give me your best five minutes on:::

Here…

Here I am.  

 Genesis 31:11-12a
11 Then the angel of God said to me in the dream, ‘Jacob,’ and I said, ‘Here I am!’12 And he said, ‘Lift up your eyes and see...'

Genesis 46:2-3
2 And God spoke to Israel in visions of the night and said, “Jacob, Jacob.” And he said, “Here I am.”3 Then he said, “I am God, the God of your father. Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for there I will make you into a great nation."

Genesis 3:4-5
4 When the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called to him out of the bush, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.” 5 Then he said, “Do not come near; take your sandals off your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground.”

Isaiah 6:8
8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”

Whenever we call on the Lord, where is He?  He is here.  Right here.  Listening, ready, standing next to us, holding us with His mighty right hand.  

Whenever He calls on us, where are we?  Here?  There?  Anywhere but HERE for Him?  Jacob, Moses, Isaiah answered His call with "Here I am."  They listened to Him, and accomplished mighty things in His name and to His glory.  

How often do we answer like that?  I know I am not always ready to say "Here I am, send me."  Why not?  Why not answer His call...will God lead me astray?  Will He take me anywhere He cannot protect me?  Will He ever leave me?  No.  So...the next time He calls....Here I am.


4 comments:

  1. So true...thanks for the reminder to answer God's call on my life. I needed to read this this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it might not be 5 minutes, but here goes.

    "Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord? I have heard you calling in the night. I will go, Lord, if you lead me. I will hold your people in my heart."

    This song is in my head, since last Sunday when we rehearsed it. (Yeah, yeah, spoiler alert for Sunday, but you already knew anyway!) I've been thinking about how ready I might or might not be if he starts moving me down a different path than the one I'm on.

    I don't really think it's about going overseas anytime soon, but maybe that I need to be Here, fully present, for God to show me what he's wanting from me today, this week, in the coming days. Lately I feel a certain kind of clarity, but also a certain uncertainty as to where things are heading for me. It's strange. And yet there is a calmness associated with this right now.

    I struggle to be truly Here for God in worship when I'm leading it, but feel strongly that's what I should be doing. I wish to be present for others as a Christ's light to them. Do I succeed? Does it make a difference? IDK. It isn't too obvious sometimes.

    Truly though, I need to spend more time Here with God in personal study and prayer. I do well on the beach retreat and then fade back into bad habits so rapidly when I get home. Am I really here to hear him when he is calling me if I do not spend that quality time focused on him, his word and his will? I want to hear that calling in the night, the day, whatever.

    Lord, Keep me here with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judith, I'm glad!

    Val, you do a beautiful job leading worship and it does make a difference! Don't let Satan whisper in your ear telling you otherwise! Spending more time with God will definitely be helpful in keeping your focus on Him. Something I need to be better about as well! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!