Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Sunday, April 8, 2012

He is alive!

As the women made their way to the tomb that morning, their hands trembling as they held the spices that their traditions called for, knowing the work they must soon do for their beloved Jesus; their eyes swollen and still dripping tears as they mourned....how could their hearts, their minds be prepared for the miracle that awaited them....

As they peered into the tomb and found....nothing....did their hearts beat a little faster?  Did they feel like they had been drenched in ice water?  How did that shock reverberate through their bodies, their minds? 

"Why do you look for the living among the dead?  He is not here, He is risen!  Remember how He told you.....?"  Luke 24:5-6

He is risen!!  Alleluia!  He is risen indeed!!

He has conquered death and the grave.  He did what He said He would do!  As He always has, and as He always will.  

So dry your tears on this Easter morning, breathe in the new, fresh morning air....and behold, your Savior lives!!   Remember how He told you....


Happy Easter!  Jesus, our Lord and Savior, LIVES!  And because of His great love and sacrifice, we have life and peace in Him.  Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!