Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Friday, November 18, 2011

Worship Fully

At my church this year, we are focusing on the theme of "Rethinking Christmas" during advent.  We will be looking at these areas:  Worship fully, Give more, Spend less, Love all.

On the radio this morning was a song with this line...."Yahweh, Yahweh, we love to shout Your name, O Lord!"  When we shout out His name, when we worship Him...what a feeling!  What a joy!  What a blessing to us, to Him.  The words of Isaiah 6 are on my mind this morning, too...."I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted."  How could you not fall at his feet and worship Him at that throne? 

Matthew 5:8 says "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God."  The heart, the center of one's being...which according to the notes in my study Bible is "the wellspring of life" - from which springs emotions, thoughts, motivations, courage and action. 

How pure is my heart?  How worshipful are my thoughts, emotions, actions?  Are my motivations clearly based on what God would approve?  Psalm 4:7 says "You have filled my heart with greater joy."  Do I live my life to reflect that God-given joy?  Can others see it shining from me?

Worship fully....celebrating the King with every breath....every thought....my whole heart...

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful words. This year, I'm thanking God for so many things. My children and I are requesting God for two things this year for Christmas. A job for me, and a small place of our own to call home. If He has this for us by then, it would be so wonderful. But we will accept whatever happens as His best and His will. I know you understand this, that when all is removed, you see so very clearly what is important in this life. Much love to you this! ~ Grace

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!