Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Thursday, November 17, 2011

All I Need

I think I have mentioned this before...ever noticed how things seem to run on a theme sometimes?  Comments, posts in different places, relevant Bible verses, things people say at certain times, events that happen?  Well, lately God seems to be reminding me that there is really only one thing I NEED.  Just one.

And that One can fill all the empty, lonely, hurting places with peace and joy and love.  One. 

My son attended his Journey with Christ weekend a few days ago.  Family was invited to attend the closing service of the weekend.  The 11 teenage boys were given an opportunity to share what the weekend meant to them - what one thing they learned about God and what they would take away from the weekend.  One young man stood up to speak.  He said that the biggest thing he had learned was that "All I need is Jesus.  That's really it."

That's really it.  Jesus.  Jesus who loved, loves, will always love so much that he gave His life.  And not just gave it, but was tortured, shamed, beaten, separated from His Father by our sin, and hung to die....for me.  For you. 

Is there a space in you that cries out for something?  Is there a loneliness in you that needs a hand to hold?  Is there a fear in you that needs a protector?  Is there sadness in you that needs joy...overwhelming, overflowing joy?? 

Other people cannot do this for you.  "Stuff" cannot do this for you.  The next, bigger, better, more expensive.....cannot do it for you.  That drink, that food, that drug....no, no, no.  Things of this world cannot do it for you.  For me. 

Just Jesus.  He can take away the hurt, the sadness, the emptiness.  And as we cry out to him He promises "And surely I will be with you always..."  Matthew 28:20

Jesus is all I need.  How about you?


2 comments:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!