Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Philippians 1:3 for the Class of '86

I thank my God every time I remember you.

Twice now this year I have had the pleasure of meeting up with old friends from high school.  We celebrated our 25 year reunion this summer in August and again just last weekend for the homecoming festivities in our old home town.  I have to say it was wonderful to meet up with all my old classmates.  To talk, to laugh, to play, to dance, to take pictures, to relive memories and make new ones.

And truly, I thank God for everyone in the 1986 class from Oak Harbor High School.  The get togethers this year show just how lasting relationships can be.  Even when you haven't spoken to someone for 25 years.  I did not keep in touch with anyone most of those years.  And how I regret that now.

God puts so many people in our lives.  And I just want to say...cherish them.  Love them.  Stay in touch with them.  So much can be lost when we don't.   Our class has realized how much we enjoy seeing each other and wants to make our get togethers happen more often...I think that's great!  I think that it can only enrich our lives.  And I'm excited to see everyone again.  And again....

So, OHHS, class of '86...I do thank my God every time I remember you, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!