Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hope and a future

Jeremiah 29:11

11" For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Can I just say "thank you, God"??   It's such a relief to know that He knows what's going on in my life!  I wonder most days..."Really, God?  Where am I going on this ride called my life?  What am I supposed to be doing?"  I have no idea sometimes why things happen the way they do, why I'm supposed to struggle, why I have to watch my kids struggle, why things have to fall apart, why did this good thing happen at this point, why did this bad thing happen at this point, why, why, why....but God does.  He knows the whole path, the whole story, the big picture. 

It's easy to look back some days and see how certain events have linked together to create the NOW I am experiencing.  It's amazing to find that God's hand has been in the midst of it all...even the days when it felt like I was all alone in my mess.  But when I look at my blessings, both big and very, very small, I see that they have all worked together in my mess to bring me to my current position with the strength to carry on.  Certain people have come in to my life, or come back in to my life, or gone out of my life...all with purpose.  Different events have opened doors or closed doors so that I have had opportunities for growth.  I'm sure you can say the same.

During the times when I feel like I am so overwhelmed that I am drowning in the sea of life...I think about the verse above.  And remind myself that God is in control.  That He has plans.  That if I spend some time with Him, watch and listen and wait...I will know the direction He wants me to go, the decisions he wants me to make.  He has plans.  And even though I really want to KNOW what those plans are most of the time, I am glad I don't know it all.  But I am sure that whatever happens, if I trust Him, it will be to His glory...and I have hope for my future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!