Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Thursday, September 1, 2011

God's Silence - Part 2

There are some things that are just harder to write about...like the silence from God. 

What am I doing in my life that disconnects me from God?  What's happening that is putting up a wall between us?  I was on Facebook this morning and saw this from Anne Graham Lotz:
"I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer." Song of Solomon 5:6 -- Sin disconnects our prayer line to God.
 Sin disconnects our prayer line to God.  It gets in the way.  The more we allow ourselves to sin...the bigger the disconnect.  Ever noticed that?  When I take a good look at my life and think about the things I am doing....I realize "how can God get in?"  How can I possibly hear His voice when my sin is basically creating ear plugs?  
It's when I let go of those things, repent of my sins, and truly turn back to Him...then I hear His voice again.  Then my heart is open to what He has to say.  Then I see Him at work in the world around me.  I hear Him talking through my friends who love me and care about me.  I take more from His Word and it nourishes me.
So what have you got going on?  What do you need to turn from?  Who do you need to turn to?  He's there...always there.  Even in the silence.  Patiently waiting for you, and me, to seek His grace and mercy, to accept His forgiveness, and walk in His light.  He's there.  He will never leave you, nor forsake you.  Never.
Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. God will listen, as soon as he takes off the ear plugs long enough to pay attention to the sorrow and the yearn in you. In me. It's not as easy as you say. There's times that his silence can incite rebellion in your heart, and it's our fault? He's also to blame. He's also at fault.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely NOT easy. And, just to clarify, it's me/us wearing the ear plugs. We can rest assured that even though He may be silent...He is always listening.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!