Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Trusting God - One word

At the beginning of the year, I read many other blog posts about choosing a word for the year. Now last year, 2010, I chose the word "change." I prayed for change in many areas of my life...had actually been praying for changes for quite some time. And God certainly answered those prayers. I had so many different experiences last year, and so many changes in my life - both big and small - that I am not sure I even consciously recognized all of them. But as I look back now, I see the path last year took....and how it lead to what is happening this year. And I am amazed at what God does!

So this year, as I contemplated my word for 2011...a theme, if you will...I came up with a couple different things, like "simplify" and "anti-procrastination." But over and over, God kept showing me another word. And it was a word that scared me. It's a big word. A hard word. A word to which my heart cries out "I want to, but it's hard, God!" But every time I turned around there it was...in a song, in a daily devotional, in a blog post, in a text, in something I saw on facebook, in the passages I read in the Bible each day. Finally, I threw up my hands and said, "I get it, God! I get it! My word for this year is TRUST!" I didn't choose it...God did.

So what does that mean? Trust. I looked up the definition:

trust

[truhst}
noun
1.reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence.
2.confident expectation of something; hope.
3. confidence in the certainty of future payment for property or goods received; credit: to sell merchandise on trust.
4. a person on whom or thing on which one relies: God is my trust.
5. the condition of one to whom something has been entrusted.


Interesting, those definitions, wouldn't you say? How many lessons can come out of this one word? What is this year showing me so far? God is definitely keeping me on my toes. I am being broken, changed, lifted up, taken down, and left reeling from the rollercoaster ride that is my life this year. I am learning how to look for the lessons in the things that happen...the good and the bad. I am learning how to be thankful, even when things seem so very wrong. I am learning to praise God in the storms, even when I would rather rant at Him. I am learning that even when I do rant at Him, He listens and waits patiently for me to put it all back in His strong and capable hands.

So I hope you will join me on my journey. Maybe I can share some things with you that will make your journey, your relationship with our Heavenly Father a little closer. And maybe you can share your thoughts or experiences with me that can help me see a little more clearly what God is doing this year.

Trust God. He is bigger than anything in and of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!