Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

31 Days - Psalm 30:5 - Joy in the Morning

So, how was your day? Pretty good...or not?  Did you have a rotten day today?  Did you fail today?  Did you holler at the kids, lose your patience in the long line in the store, snap at your husband, or think nasty thoughts about that other driver?  Did everything you do turn out "wrong" and you felt like nothing got accomplished?  Did your sins today feel so heavy and bad that surely even God is shaking His head at you?  Did you hear the lies in your head that say..."You are not enough"  or "You are a rotten mother/friend/wife, worker" or "You should just crawl in that hole and never come out again because obviously you can't do anything right"?

Take a look at this verse...ponder it for a moment....
 
Psalm 30:5
For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.

God IS gracious.  God IS forgiving.  God IS loving.  He is a God of second chances and starting over.  

Lamentations 3:21-23 
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

These are words worth memorizing.  Great love, compassion...they are there for us every day.  Even when it feels like we have failed too many times.  Even when it feels like the sin is too great.  Even when it feels like the voice of lies is the loudest thing we hear. 

God is there...He is waiting, strong and patient, with love...to hear your confessions, to wrap you up in forgiveness, to change your heart and make it new.  He is a God of justice, yes, but also a God of compassion. 

He is faithful.  He is merciful.  He is joy. 

Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!