Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My One Word 2013

For a couple of years now, I have chosen one word to be the "theme" of my year.  I started this blog because of my one word TRUST.  Last year, my word was SHINE.  So moving forward to 2013...I just chose my word this week.  Yes, it's a week into the new year, but I had almost decided not to do it this year.  Then my friend, Jenny, came into my office the other day and asked me about my word for this year.  "Just curious," she said.  So, I told her I hadn't decided yet and would let her know soon.

I debated...
    ...and pondered...
           ...had an "aha!" moment or two...

                                                   Intentional?

Maybe.  It's how I want to live.  It's essential to the new road I am on involving Christian Life Coaching.  It's how to make decisions and how to live for Christ....hmmm....

Wait!

                                                             Boldly!

Yes!  It's how I want to be...bold not timid.  Thoughtful, yet quick to act.  Boldly standing up for right, boldly proclaiming God's Word like Paul and Silas.  hmmmm...

And as I pondered those two words, I read a post on facebook by a friend.  A post where she included the verse that God showed me is the theme for my life vision and mission, my coaching future...Romans 15:13.

Romans 15:13

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you believe in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

And there it is...right there.  Joy.  This year I will focus on joy.  I want that peace that comes from believing in Him.  The joy...the overflowing joy.  I choose joy!  In any circumstance.  In every day.  In every moment.  I live because of my Savior...how can I not be filled with joy?  And so, I will choose joy this year...in every moment, in every circumstance.  And I will share with you how that affects my everyday life...the ups, the downs, the good, the bad, the ugly, the beautiful.

And now, may the God of hope fill YOU with all joy...have a glorious day!

 ***Thank you to Melanie at http://www.onlyabreath.com/ for my One Word button!  Isn't it lovely??!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!