Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

How much does He love you?


Yesterday morning I started reading Psalm 103.  I love the imagery in this Psalm for how much He loves us.

11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
   so great is his love for those who fear him; 

As high as the heavens are above the earth...."I love you to heaven and back."  Doesn't that make you smile?  Can't you hear a sweet child's voice say that?  Can you hear your heavenly Father say that?  "Beloved child, I love you so much - from heaven and back..."   Close your eyes for a moment and imagine just how far that is.... That's big love!
12 as far as the east is from the west,
   so far has he removed our transgressions from us. 

Just how far is it from the east to the west?  Incomprehensible, really.  He has taken our sins and flung them as far as the east is from the west...he loves us that much!  One of my favorite songs by Casting Crowns says:


Jesus, You know just how far the east is from the west
I don't have to see the man I've been come rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
'cause You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other




See that?  Ever thought about that?  Jesus knows just how far the east is from the west....his outstretched arms...from one scarred hand....to the other.....  He LOVES so much that he allowed those nails to pierce his hands...so much...ponder that for a moment.... That's big, sacrificial love!


17 But from everlasting to everlasting
   the LORD’s love is with those who fear him,

How long will He love us?  From everlasting to everlasting....forever....no matter what...  That's big, forever love!

He loves YOU!  He LOVES you!  Big!  Remember the game you played as a child?  Or with your child?  When you threw your arms open wide and said, "I love you this much!"

That's just what God does...what Jesus did....He threw open His arms...allowed men to nail his hands to the cross...and from one scarred hand to the other....He said, He says, He will always say,  "I love you this much!"


Praise the LORD, my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!