Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Friday, March 2, 2012

Five Minute Friday....Ache

Around here we write for five minutes flat on Fridays.
We write because we love words and the relief it is to just write them without worrying if they’re just right or not. So we take five minutes on Friday and write like we used to finger paint. For joy in the process. No matter how messy the result.
Got five minutes? Come and write with us, we promise to tell you we loved it! (<—Tweet this!)

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:
::

Ache…

Ready, set, write....


I was in a room this last weekend with a whole lot of women who could fill pages and pages with their ache...the pain was clearly felt by each of us as we shared the things that made us ache, hurt, cry, feel vulnerable, feel worthless, feel....

And yet, overwhelmingly, over all that ache, all those tears, all that pain...every woman in that room found it possible to stand. To stand on the ROCK...the One who holds us all in His strong arms and keeps us moving forward. The One who knows us inside and out....the good, the bag, the ugly, the beautiful....and keeps on loving us no matter what. The One who will not disappoint. The One who will not leave. The One who will take our broken, aching, tired lives and make us whole. The One who promises hope and a future.

And slowly, as we dried the tears, hugged each other, and started to smile...we realized that He also takes that ache...maybe not away, but takes it and endures it with us.

Stop. 

5 comments:

  1. Love this...thanks for sharing! I love how you describe that we are able to stand on the ROCK. Again, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is our Rock, our solid strength...sometimes I have to remind myself of that quite often!! :)

      Delete
  2. How beautiful - "the One who holds us all in His strong arms". Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LuAnne...one of my favorite visuals! :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you both for visiting! A friend of mine drew a picture of Jesus holding a woman...her with her head on his shoulder. I love it, and when the ache is too hard to bear, I like to think of His arms around me and my head on his shoulder for a moment...while my Rock gives me strength.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!