Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

We live...

We live...in Him.  Our Creator.  God formed us, knew us before we were born, made plans for us, gave us all that we have, all that we are.  He gave His son that we might be saved from our own sinful natures.   I live because of Him.  But do I live FOR Him?

I teach Sunday school.  I volunteer as a worship participant at my church serving communion.   I sing in the choir.  I help with youth group activities.  I read my Bible...most days.  I pray...every day, but not very often some days.  I rarely miss church service.  I try to be kind, helpful, loving, patient.  Sometimes I succeed...sometimes not so much.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

So am I doing the things that He planned for me?  And how do I know what those plans are?  How do I live for Him?  

First, I must start by deliberately spending time with Him.  Reading His word, praying, listening to Him,  seeking His guidance.  As in any relationship, I have to focus on staying close to Him.  Living in Him.  Living for Him.     
  
******
Counting grace...
+words of love that uplift
+friends who care
+cello concerts
+glimpses of the future
+the release of tears

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!