Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pray continually...

1 Thessalonians 5:17-18  NIV

17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

As I go about my day...do I talk to God continually?  Um, no.  Much as I'd like to think I have a pretty good ongoing conversation with my Father...I'm thinking I don't pray continually.  In fact, some days I realize I've gone several hours without giving Him much thought at all.  Pray continually.  As in all the time.  Each breath in and each breath out.  He who formed us from dust, breathed His very own life into us, He who sent his son...Himself...to breath his last human breath on the cross for us, He who provides, who comforts, who guides, who lifts us up when we stumble, He who created all things, who was and is and is to come....He deserves our full, prayerful, attention.  Not just once in a while, but continually.  So, if I am not talking to him continually, how can I pray constantly?  Perhaps the way I live is a prayer...  Do I live my life as a prayer to Him?  If I look at what I do during the day...are all my behaviors in some way a prayer to my God?  Uh oh.  There are some things I don't really want to be saying to Him, right?  Was that my "out loud voice?"

I started out this post with the thought of thankfulness.  I had a whole different direction I was going to take this today.  But then I got stuck on those two words at the beginning of this verse.  And now, I find I have something entirely different to ponder today....


1 comment:

  1. Be thankful for what you have. Then pray thankfully for that. I know I am and I do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!