Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

God's will for you...be joyful always....

1 Thessalonians 5:17-18  NIV

17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 

There's part of this scripture that I didn't add on at the beginning of this little series of blog posts, so I would like to add it now....

 16 Be joyful always, 

 Be joyful always.  Joyful.  There's that word again.  Funny how one day, you wake up and choose joy.  And the next day...that joy seems so far away.  You must choose it again.  And again, and again.  Why is it so hard? Seems simple enough, doesn't it?  Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances.  Easy to say, not so easy to do when we let all the little annoyances of our days take up space in our minds.  When we let those things dim the light that is Christ Jesus in our lives.

Choose joy.  Then pray often, continually.  Give thanks - all the time.  When we pray, when we give thanks how can we not be joyful?  How can we not see what God is doing in our lives if we are thanking Him for the daily blessings he bestows, the silver linings, the gifts?  And when we see He IS at work, and see what He offers, the joy overflows.

But then those words, "for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." It is His will that we join in relationship with him.  That we rejoice, that we pray and talk to him, that we live our lives out of the gratitude that comes from what He offers us.  And when we do this...we will find joy.  Not necessarily day to day happiness and a life of roses.  But deep down joy that can only come from God's love for us.  Joy that overflows and gives us strength.  Joy that helps us withstand suffering.  Joy that gives light in the darkest places.  It's God's will for me...it's God's will for you.

I choose joy!  I trust in Jesus, my great deliverer!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!