Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Voices



 I love this song!  I like to play it loud in my car and sing along with it.  It reminds me that even when the world seems to be overwhelmingly against me....God is for me!

It is so easy to listen to the voices that tell me I am worthless, that I am a failure, that the mistakes I make are so horrible that I cannot rise above them.  These voices claim that I will never succeed, that I can't possibly hope to achieve the dreams that are in my heart.  They tell me I am a bad mom, a selfish friend, that I was an uncaring wife, that I don't do enough or care enough or.....  These voices shout inside my head and make me want to sit curled up in a corner sometimes.  Ever feel that way?

But the thing to remember is that those voices don't come from God.  Those voices come from the Evil One who wants to break me down, pull me away from the love of God.  The one who puts negative people in my path who reinforce those words. The one who places temptations in my path to trip me up. Unfortunately, he is a master at pushing at human weaknesses so that we listen to those things and believe them.

And yet, there is a greater voice.  A voice of truth!  The voice of God.  The voice that tells me that I am His child.  That I am beloved and special and worthwhile.  The voice that lifts me up and lets me know that His arms hold me up.  The voice that corrects, admonishes, teaches, and guides.  The voice that sings over me...and you.  So let's turn down the volume on those other voices that tear us down...and listen to the One who loves us and tells us the truth. 

Have a blessed day...listen for His voice today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!