Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Holy Spirit Intercede

When there are just no more words...when everything just feels like you are spinning out of control into a big black hole...when you are so tired you can't take another step...when you feel one more kick when you are already down...when you just can't even pray....what then?

Surrender.  Let it go.  Let the Holy Spirit work in and through you.  Let the Holy Spirit intercede in prayer for you in groans only God can comprehend.  He knows.  He knows how you hurt, what you need, and how to take care of it all.  He knows the answers you can't find.  He knows how to heal, how to hold, how to give you strength.

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.   
Romans 8:25-27
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!