Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Friday, January 3, 2014

One Word for 2014 - Ponder

Well, a new year has begun.  I have spent the last several days thinking on what One Word I would choose for this year...or, more correctly, that God has chosen for me.  I've finally decided...after much thought and prayer and listening...that God is calling me to ponder in 2014.

The dictionary defines it as this:
pon·der
: to think about or consider (something) carefully


I sometimes speak...without thinking.  I sometimes act....without considering.  I sometimes make decisions...without praying....without pondering what is the way God would have me go.

So this year...I want to be more like Mary:

But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.
Luke 2:19

I want to take the time to speak words that encourage and uplift.  I want to behave the way God would have me behave...not the way my own selfish flesh would encourage me to behave.  I want to be wise in the decisions I make and seek God's guidance for my choices.  I want to slow down, be more thoughtful and just....ponder...






Great are the works of the Lord;
they are pondered by all who delight in them.
Psalm 111:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!