Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Friday, November 9, 2012

5 Minute Friday: Quiet



1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..http://lisajobaker.com/2012/11/five-minute-friday-quiet/



OK, are you ready? Please give us your best five minutes on:::

Quiet…


When you think of quiet...what goes through your mind? Those days when it seems nothing is quite right? When the silence is almost overwhelming and you'd do anything for some noise?

Or maybe its when you are surrounded by so much noise and all you really want is an absence of it?

Or peace...the quiet of sitting on a bench at the park, watching the river flow by. Or maybe its that time when the kids are in bed, the tv is off, and you can put your feet up and just breathe....

Sometimes I crave quiet...and sometimes I hate it. Sometimes I want everything to stop, and other times I just want someone, anyone to talk to.

In all those moments, there is one constant...One who can quiet the soul, soothe the frayed nerves, and whisper oh so quietly into your soul...

Zephaniah 3:17
Yahweh your God is among you, a warrior who saves. He will rejoice over you with gladness. He will bring you quietness with His love. He will delight in you with shouts of joy.”

He will bring you quietness with His love....He will...bring YOU...quietness...with His LOVE. Never, ever forget that!

 

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from FMF. I love the verse you used. Don't usually find a lot of Zeph quotes. Very good reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will bring the quiet. So very true!!! He is in control. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!