Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Knowing and trusting

Trusting someone is naturally easier when you know them well.  When you know their characteristics, their values, the way they deal with different issues, how they treat you and other people....are they honest, do they keep their word, do they take their responsibilities seriously?  Relationships can be made or broken based on trust issues.

It's the same with trusting God.  It's far easier to trust Him if you know Him!  So how do you do that?  How do you get to know the Creator of the universe, our Heavenly Father, His Son, Prince of Peace, Messiah, Emmanuel, the Holy Spirit, the Comforter?

Isaiah 9:6b
And he will be called
   Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
   Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.



Open your Bible and read it!  It is the Word of God!  In it you will find His personality, His love, His abundant grace.  You will find that He always keeps His promises.  That His love is unconditional, always there, and abundant.  You will find that He is merciful and protective of His own.  He is ever present, all knowing, all powerful, unchanging.  He wants to be in relationship with you.

Joshua 21:45
45 Not one of all the LORD’s good promises to Israel failed; every one was fulfilled. 
 
John 1:14 

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. 

Psalm 3:3
3 But you, LORD, are a shield around me,
my glory, the One who lifts my head high. 



Pray.  Daily....hourly...all the time.  Give thanks.  Give adoration.  Tell Him your needs.  Tell Him your feelings, your thoughts, your hurts, your happiness, your disappointments.  Tell Him everything...even your anger.  Tell Him.  Worship Him, praise Him.  Talk to him....and then watch for Him to answer.

Jeremiah 29:11-13
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.


Find a church home where you can worship and fellowship with other Christians.  One that has values that are Biblically based...where the Gospel is spoken, where the commandments to love God, love others, and spread the gospel is lived out through the members. Go to worship, go to Bible study groups, take part in activities.  Be a part of the Christian community.

Matthew 18:20
20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

Get to know Him...and get to trusting Him! 

3 comments:

  1. Amen!!! Great words of wisdom and reminders for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, it has been a wonderful blessing to read through your posts on what God is teaching you about trusting Him.I too, suffered a marriage breakup this year and I strongly relate to what you've shared. I've been praying about theme words for the year and believe God has given me "love" for 2012. I'm pondering on how He has loved us with an "everlasting love" which is taking on incredible value to me right now! Thanks for your testimony! Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia, so glad you visited! I think that will be a great word for 2012...I am quite curious to see what God has in store for you! Know that He does love you and can and will take care of you! I will keep you in prayer! Please come visit again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!