Pages

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Friday, November 4, 2011

My mama heart

Last night I watched my daughter, and about 30 other middle school children, walk onstage and sit in a chair at her school's National Jr. Honor Society Induction Ceremony.  The assistant principal and the counselor spoke words of all these kids have achieved.  Of their good choices.  Their extra activities.  Their dedication to learning.  A guest speaker, who is also a friend from church, spoke of the opportunities they will have in high school...the chances they will have to learn and grow and find their way in the world.

I watched my beautiful daughter sign the registry and receive her pin and certificate.  I heard the pledge they all made.  My mama heart swelled with pride and love.  I have so many hopes for her, my third child.  For all three of my children, who make me so proud.

And I thank God each and every day for giving me the gift of them.  They are each a unique creation.  They have been such a joy to watch grow and learn...and yes, sometimes frustrating too...but always a joy.  God has allowed me to hold them, guide them, love them.  My oldest is at college - in his third year - with plans to be a music teacher.  He is an excellent musician, a wonderful young man, smart and funny.  My middle boy is a senior this year...soon to graduate and strike out on his own.  Oh, how I don't want to let him go!  And yet, I know I must.  He is so funny, smart, so big-hearted.  And also musically talented. He has dreams and hopes.  I love to see his ever-present smile and hear him laugh.  My daughter, she is a super-quick wit.  She makes me laugh so hard!  I love the way her brain works, and the way she cares for others, and the way she also loves music.  I love watching her make goofy faces. 

God has blessed me.  And I am so grateful. 

1 comment:

  1. You have such amazing children, and though I only know them by phone voices and channelled through you, it's been such a pleasure getting to "know" them. You are indeed blessed, Kelly Rae.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!